Southern Criminal Justice Association Constitution
Show All Hide All
- The objectives of this association shall be:
- To provide for communication among members, with other associations of higher education and training, and with the agencies of the criminal justice system;
- To promote a philosophical approach of criminal justice as a systemic process;
- To promote the highest standards in criminal justice education, training, and practice;
- To foster the highest ethical and personnel standards in criminal justice and allied fields; and
- To promote high standards in criminal justice planning and research.
Board of Directors
The voting members of the Board of Directors shall be composed of the immediate past president, the elected officers, and five (5) Directors at Large. All members of the Board of Directors shall be regular members in good standing of the Association.
- The Officers of the Association shall be:
- First Vice-President (President Elect)
- Second Vice-President (First Vice-President Elect)
All Officers shall be regular members in good standing of the Association.
Elections of officers and Directors-at-Large shall be conducted by mail ballot prior to the Annual Meeting and in accordance with the procedures set by the Board of Directors.
The date(s), time, and location, of the Annual Meeting shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
Amendments to the Constitution
Original Constitution effective October 26, 1972.
Amended October 18, 1973
Amended October 17, 1974
Amended May 9, 1977
Amended October 10, 1984
Amended October 11 1) 1985
Amended February, 1987
Amended September 30, 1988
Amended October 3, 1991
Amended October 5, 1994
Amended April 14, 2005
Amended January 2013