“The Criminal Justice Milieu in the South”
September 27th - 30th, 2017
New Orleans, Louisiana
We will be going to New Orleans, Louisiana, in 2017. The Astor Crowne, located at the corner of Canal and Bourbon Streets, will be hosting our 2017 conference. Rooms are $169 per night at the SCJA Conference rate. To reserve online, please go to http://www.astorneworleans.com/ and use code . If you would rather call to make reservations, please do so at 877-408-9661.
See our online Conference Registration system.
The conference rate is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be sure to make your reservations as soon as the customized link becomes available.
For the most up-to-date visitor information, please visit the New Orleans' Visitors Bureau.
Advertisers and Exhibitors
Options and Pricing
SCJA offers the following opportunities for advertising and exhibiting in conjunction with
the annual meeting:
- President's Advertising/Sponsor Package: $3,500
- The package will include...
- Sponsor's logo included on the tote bag,
- Designation as a host/sponsor of the President's reception,
- Back page of the program for advertising (assuming the page has not already been purchased by someone else),
- Two additional pages of advertising in the program (or three pages if the back page has already been purchased),
- One insert for the conference bag, and
- One exhibit table at the conference.
- Only one package will be available per conference.
- Exhibit table: $500
- The exhibitor's fee includes up to two conference registrations for your representative(s), which allows access to all the conference activities.
- Associated book exhibit: $50 per item
- Display a selected book or product in the Exhibit area.
- Tote bag inserts: $100
- Program book advertisements (8 1/2 by 11)
- Full page ad, table exhibitor (gray scale): included
- Full page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $150
- Half page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $100
- Quarter page ad, non-exhibitor (gray scale): $75
- Back cover ad (full page, full color): $300
To Advertise or Exhibit
Please be in touch with the program chair. We will ask you to fill out a registration form (coming soon) and send it along with your advertisement as e-mail attachments to:
Dr. Marv Krohn, Program Chair
You will be invoiced for your exhibit or advertisement fee.
Exhibitor/Advertiser registration forms must be received no later than August 1, 2016.
Exhibits will be open Wednesday (noon) through Friday (5:00 pm) of the conference.
Exhibitors should contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for shipping and storage of materials. SCJA will endeavor to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the exhibit area during the hours that the exhibits are closed, but the association does not provide formal security during the conference.
All tote bag inserts must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility
of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. Advertisers should contact the Program Chair
to determine the appropriate number of tote bag inserts to be provided and the deadline by which they must arrive at the conference hotel. Inserts received after the deadline will not be included in conference tote bags.
Associated book exhibit items must be shipped directly to the conference hotel at no cost or responsibility of SCJA. Addressing of shipments should follow guidelines provided by the
conference hotel and should include “SCJA” as the intended recipient. We request that you donate the books/products you send to SCJA so that we can use them as raffle prizes as a fundraiser for our group. We will send you documentation of your charitable donation for tax purposes.
Future Conference Sites
2018 Annual Meeting Location
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Past Conference Programs